Thursday, March 13, 2008

Books to read + review

Its relatively early on in the year, and I just wanted to note the books I'm hoping to read this year, and do some (meager) reviews on. In a way this blog is for myself, to motivate myself to think and process what I read, and be something to look back on and reread.
Anyway.

Cormac McCarthy.
This author has really caught my interest. With his beautiful sense of setting, the colloquial dialog, and the broken narrative, all of which seem to allow a glimpse into an esoteric world of the southern USA. I have already read + reviewed The Orchid Keeper.
I am currently reading All the pretty horses and will review it when finished, which may be a while as I have so many deadlines coming up with study.
I have already purchased The Road, and will read that for sure.
I will probably want to finnish the border trilogy by the end of the year, which includes All the pretty horses, The Crossing, and Cities of the plain.

Iain M. Banks.
I own Use of weapons, Inversions and Matter which I aim to read + review this year. Consider Phlebas was too good, and I want to reread Look to Windward.

Jack Vance.
I really want to get my hands on the Demon Princes' series. It sound right up my alley.

Gene Wolfe.
Gene has been recommended again and again, and I read the first Book of the Long Sun novel, which I found intriguing, and full of mystery and depth. I am in the midst of buying The book of the new sun collection :) :) :)

TV series:
24
I must watch the next season of 24 (ses 2). I watched the first season while in Africa, and it was great. far fetched, but thats not a bad thing in my opinion.






No comments: